Family Portrait: The Mom, Evolet with Chocolate Ice Cream Face, The Dad
I loves me some ice cream! Apparently, I passed this along to my offspring. The best ice cream is homemade–using no ice and no cream. Instead, we use frozen bananas. Yumbas!
Here’s what you do, the Long Version:
1. Get yoself some ripe bananas (they should be brown spotty…avoid getting over eager and using yellow ones. Patience Obi Wan).
2. Peel and chop them into about inch size pieces. I think I used about 4 or 5…may have been 7 or 8 because I am a FEEDER.
3. Put them in a container in the freezer for AGES. Til they are frozen. Usually minimally a few hours. No need to cover them.
4. When ready, shove them into an obnoxiously efficient blender, like the Vitamix. Yes, you will need an insane blender for this.
5. Add a dollop of agave nectar and whatever else tickles you. I added raw cocoa for ours.
6. Blend away! Be sure to use your plunger and stop when it’s done…or you will end up with a banana smoothie.
Short Version: Stick some frozen bananas in a blender.
My husband was all, “No, I don’t want an–” until he saw the finished wonderfulness and then the greedy bugger ate half of it.
Note: I put a dollop of peanut butter on ours after it was done. Absolutely delectable!
Part 1: Ok, remember when you were young and you used to have those dreams where you were out in public, or at school, and you were naked? No one seemed to notice, you did your usual thing, it was just…your birthday suit was your only accessory?
…I may be alone on this one.
Part 2: My BFF Tara and I were up late one night, chatting away in her computer room when her youngest of many children, a cute little guy called Donny, appeared sleepily rubbing his 8 year old eyes and complaining of feeling unwell. He looked so adorable in his t-shirt and underwear. Tara took one look at him and told him to take off his underwear.
“Son, ” she said, “you need some air on your balls.”
What?! I was floored! I laughed ’til I cried. Donny took off his underwear and went back to bed feeling better. I gently probed Tara on her parenting technique. She said her dad used to tell her that you should regularly air out your privates. Hehe!!! I wish I could have met that man. Legend.
These two separate things may seem unrelated. Alas, my daughter doing her thing on a typical day in the O’Brien household:
Sans her knickers. Rockin’ the rainbow leg warmers. Airing out her privates.
It was, I assure you, intentional. The absolute-hands-down-best-bit about ECing your baby? Giggling at THAT TUSHIE all day!!