I’m not even really sure what else I could possibly add here, other than muse on the view and subsequent thoughts of passers-by and the neighbours. And to gush over the thigh and tushie fat rolls, which are just GORGEOUS.
I suppose I should mention that she climbs up there herself, she loves climbing. She uses the pink stool thing next to the chair. She sits there watching the world ogle by, blissfully unaware of her 'state of Eve.' She likes to bang on the window, sit with her toes on the warm radiator, and terrorise any cats who dare a few minutes on the sill in the sun.
Sooooooooo, ok, we got these pretty girlie foamy lock-together squares for the floor because 1. They are pretty, girlie, and foamy. And 2. Because they help Evolet get grip on an otherwise slippery floor. Seeing as I am a domestic … Continue reading →
Family Portrait: The Mom, Evolet with Chocolate Ice Cream Face, The Dad
I loves me some ice cream! Apparently, I passed this along to my offspring. The best ice cream is homemade–using no ice and no cream. Instead, we use frozen bananas. Yumbas!
Here’s what you do, the Long Version:
1. Get yoself some ripe bananas (they should be brown spotty…avoid getting over eager and using yellow ones. Patience Obi Wan).
2. Peel and chop them into about inch size pieces. I think I used about 4 or 5…may have been 7 or 8 because I am a FEEDER.
3. Put them in a container in the freezer for AGES. Til they are frozen. Usually minimally a few hours. No need to cover them.
4. When ready, shove them into an obnoxiously efficient blender, like the Vitamix. Yes, you will need an insane blender for this.
5. Add a dollop of agave nectar and whatever else tickles you. I added raw cocoa for ours.
6. Blend away! Be sure to use your plunger and stop when it’s done…or you will end up with a banana smoothie.
Short Version: Stick some frozen bananas in a blender.
My husband was all, “No, I don’t want an–” until he saw the finished wonderfulness and then the greedy bugger ate half of it.
Note: I put a dollop of peanut butter on ours after it was done. Absolutely delectable!